Dream Wedding Venues Part Two: Fistral Beach

Friday, February 19, 2016


Fistral Beach has always been a favourite place for me and my fiancé. I remember one time when we actually got to spend Valentine's physically together a few years back, and the day he had to leave for the Netherlands, we decided to visit Fistral Beach just to top off the romantic, er, holiday.

It wasn't even the fact that anything spectacular happened on Fistral Beach. There had been some terrible storms down in Cornwall back in early 2014, and Fistral was one of the many places affected by the winds. Fortunately for us on the day we visited, the weather perked up and it was nice, warm but crisp. Just being able to stand on that beach that day, looking across the shoreline - children playing with their parents, dogs stretching their legs and birds swooping from one side of the beach to the other - and spending it with the love of my life was incredible.

Unfortunately, although I did email Fistral Beach Hotel for permission to use pictures of their venue, they didn't respond to me which is fair enough (I'm not upset about it and am I in no way, shape or form complaining about it) - they're a busy hotel and probably have far better things to do with their time than respond to little old me - so instead of using their photographs without permission, I thought I would use some photographs I took of me and my fiancé's walk on the beach back in 2014.

Panoramic shot of Fistral Beach, where you can see The Headland Hotel in the top left. 

The thing I love about Fistral is that wherever you look, it's interesting. It doesn't disappoint you. If you look behind you (like in this shot) you still get a beautiful view as when you look in front of you, towards the shoreline.

The surface of the beach itself is pretty sturdy so you needn't really worry about your shoes getting too sandy as there's no sand dunes. Plus, you can take some pretty cute pictures sitting on the rocks situated around Fistral Beach, or maybe in front of the rock pools themselves which I can bet at sunset looks absolutely gorgeous with the sun bouncing off them - setting the mood right.

I can't help but think about potentially having a reception on the beach itself: fairy lights galore, three long rows of tables, with canopies above and beautiful floral decoration *sighs happily* ... yeah I've been pinteresting my dream wedding too much... *blushes guiltily*

 


This beach has a lot of sentimental value for us as a couple (not as much as the one we got engaged on) and it's definitely one of our favourite places to visit. I haven't been to this beach in a while, but as soon as we've closed the distance, I know we'll be back to Fistral Beach taking in the glorious sunshine and the calm waves. There's a few hotels around Fistral, which we'll try to get tours of but I doubt our somewhat small-ish budget will be able to afford them in such a beautiful location. But there is no harm in having it up for consideration.

Question of the day for fellow future brides: are there any locations you've scouted for your dream wedding but only to have them dashed because you just can't simply fit it into your budget?

Thank you for joining me for part two of this mini-series! I'll conclude February with the third and final instalment of my dream wedding venues!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Featured

This Week's Popular Post

Search This Blog

Subscribe